Pets & Kennels
Maya Island Air allows small, vaccinated, domestic cats and dogs to travel in-cabin as carry-ons but they must be in a kennel or kennel bag supplied by the owner. Kennel size determines whether the pet will require a designated shelf/seat in the cabin of the aircraft (charges apply) or be placed under the seat in front of you.
The following are some tips for transporting your pets:
- Kennels must be specifically designed for travel, leak-proof and well ventilated.
- Only one pet kennel per ticketed passenger is permitted.
- The cat or dog must be completely inside the kennel and be able to stand up and move around with ease.
- Pets must be secured in the kennel at all times while in the gate area, during boarding/deplaning, and they must remain in the kennel for the entire duration of the flight. Failure to follow this requirement may result in denial of transportation of the pet.
- Seeing-eye dogs/Service animals are an exception and are allowed to travel with their owners in the cabin of the aircraft. Pets must be clean, well-behaved and under your control at all times. If the pet is deemed too large, it will need to be checked and travel in a kennel (charges may apply). For security reasons, clients will be accommodated with a seat, excluding those available near exits as pets are not permitted to block any aisle. Proper documentation must be presented (eg. Animal ID Card, Tags, Psychiatric Documentation) to verify that your pet is a service animal.
For convenience, we also offer domestic charter services upon request, for clients wishing to transport their pet(s) without the hassles of a regularly scheduled flight. Pet owners are expected to contact our Reservations Agents at minimum 48 hours prior to flying, so that we can notify you of any requirements or travel changes that may affect you or your pet.