Pets & Kennels
Maya Island Air allows small, vaccinated, domestic pets with a maximum weight of 15 lbs, to travel in-cabin as carry-ons but they must be in a kennel or kennel bag supplied by the owner. Kennel size determines whether the pet will require a designated shelf/seat in the cabin of the aircraft (charges apply) or be placed at your feet (kennel must not block or inconvenience other passengers).
The following are some tips for transporting your pets:
- Proper documentation must be presented (eg. Animal ID Card, Tags, Psychiatric Documentation) to verify that your pet is a guide dog/service animal.
- Only one pet kennel per ticketed passenger is permitted. Kennels must be specifically designed for travel, leak-proof and well ventilated.
- The pet must be completely inside the kennel and be able to stand up and move around with ease.
- Pets must be secured in the kennel at all times while in the gate area, during boarding/deplaning, and they must remain in the kennel for the entire duration of the flight. Failure to follow this requirement may result in denial of transportation of the pet.
- Guide dogs/Service animals are an exception and are allowed to travel with their owners in the cabin of the aircraft without the need for a kennel however, a seat must be purchased. They must also be harnessed, muzzled, clean and under your control at all times. If the pet is deemed too large, it will need to be checked and travel in a kennel (charges may apply). For security reasons, clients will be accommodated with a seat, excluding those available near exits as pets are not permitted to block any aisle.
- Note that a dog 30 lbs or over, is not permitted to travel as a lap dog, even if the owner chooses to put the dog in their lap after the flight has been boarded.
- Staff on duty has final say on the best travel arrangement for the pet.
For convenience, we also offer domestic charter services upon request, for clients wishing to transport their pet(s) without the hassles of a regularly scheduled flight. Pet owners are expected to contact our Reservations Agents at minimum 48 hours prior to flying, so that we can notify you of any requirements or travel changes that may affect you or your pet.