Maya Island Air honor the following credit cards: -MasterCard and Visa Card
Maya Island Air tickets are valid for six months and are non-refundable and not transferable. We ask, however, that you advise us of any change to itineraries before travel date. On international route the change fee is 50USD.
Maya Island Air does not guarantee allocation of any particular seat in the aircraft, including advanced seat requests.
AIRPORT CHECK-IN TIME LIMITS
Maya Island Air has the right to refuse the acceptance of checked baggage and cancel reservations (whether confirmed or not) of any Passenger who fails to present himself/herself within the following time limits preceding scheduled departure time of applicable flights as follows:
NOTE: The time limits provided by Maya Island Air in this rule are minimum time requirements. Due to official security screening measures in place at airports, passenger and baggage processing time may differ from airport to airport.
It is Passenger's responsibility to ascertain the departure airport's time requirements for security screening so that Passenger complies with Maya Island Air minimum time limits.
- Passengers on domestic flights, must adhere to the following minimum times:
- Passengers with bookings for domestic routes are required to purchase tickets at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure otherwise Maya IslandAir reserves the right to cancel reservations of tickets not yet purchased.
- Passengers on domestic routes are required to check-in baggage at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure; Check-in time for international departure is 2 hours.(minimum)
- Reservations may also be cancelled if passenger fails to be at the gate for boarding at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure;
- Passengers on International flights must adhere to the following minimum times:
- Reservations may be canceled if Passenger fails to check-in and obtain a boarding pass at least 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure;
- Passengers booked on international routes must purchase tickets 48 hours before departure time. and
- If a passenger fails to be at the loading gate for boarding at least 30 minutes prior to schedule departure his entire reservation may be cancelled.
ACCEPTANCE OF CHILDREN/MINORS AND INFANTS
- 1) Passengers 12 years of age and older are deemed adult and will be accepted for transportation. Proof of age may be requested by Maya Island Air.
- NOTE: Unaccompanied minors will not be allowed to board unless there is a Legal Guardian on the departure as well as arrival end. Legal Guardians of unaccompanied minors will be required to provide specific personal information as well as identification.
- Children are considered to be from ages 2 to 12 years of age. Applicable fare is 75% of adult ticket.
- Maya Island Air does not accept infants in incubator (except as permitted under Rule 15B) or infants under 7days old.
- Lap Children (infants under the age of two years):
- One Lap Child per Adult Passenger is accepted. Additional infants under the age of two years must occupy a seat and be ticketed at the applicable fare.
- Infants under the age of two years may not occupy a seat.
- NOTE: Infants who are carried in an adult's lap also require a Ticket for domestic as well as international travel with applicable taxes even if no fare is paid. In addition, some international destinations may charge a fee.
Refusal or removal of a passenger may be necessary for the safety of such passenger or other passengers or members of the crew, in circumstances including, but not limited to:
- Persons whose conduct is disorderly, abusive, or violent;
- Persons who fail to comply with or interfere with the duties of the members of the flight crew, federal regulations, or security directives;
- Persons who assault any employee of Maya Island Air, including the gate agents and flight crew, or any Maya Island Air Passenger;
- Persons who, through and as a result of their conduct, cause a disturbance such that the captain or member of the cockpit crew must leave the cockpit in order to attend to the disturbance;
- Persons who are barefoot or not properly clothed;
- Persons who are unable to sit in a single seat with the seat belt properly secured.
Smoking is not permitted on any Maya Island Air operated flights.
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINTS
Maya Island Air will assign a Company Representative responsible to handle Customer Service complaints and to ensure that all written complaints by Passengers receive a response within 60 days. Complaints may be sent via e-mail to
FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE 50LBS. Overweight luggages are those exceeding the free baggage allowance and fees are then applicable as follows: 0.25USD per lb. Up to 100lbs. In cases where a passenger luggage exceeds the preceding policy, a special request must be made to the station manager. The dimension of any piece of luggage should not exceed 62 inches in perimeter (length + height + depth).
Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who acquired a ticket in violation of the applicable law or carrier’s tariffs, rules or regulations. Passengers are reminded that they must confirm their continuing or return reservation a minimum of 6 hours before scheduled departure time. Before departure, you should carefully examine these terms, particularly the conditions of carriage available upon request from any MAYA ISLAND AIR representative.
All Passengers arriving on international flights connecting to local vacation destinations must ensure that there is a minimum 1hr connection time between their international arrival and Maya Island Air’s Philip Goldson International Airport departure. Note: All departure times shown on Maya Island Airs website or other published documents are shown in local Belize time (central time with out daylight savings).